I continue my discussion with Dave Lutes, minister, church planter and master trainer in leadership development. Today we talk about how important it is that pastors develop leaders within the church, and how rewarding it can be when those same leaders tell pastors to sit down – they have it from here.
Are we developing good leaders, or bad followers? Today I start a three-part discussion with Dave Lutes - minister, church planter and master trainer in leadership development. Today we talk about how pastors through intentional discipleship can develop church members into needed leaders in the Christian community.
Churches have skipped science. It shows in our Christian Worldview. We kick off our 2023 season by talking to Dr. Fazale "Fuz" Rana - President, CEO and senior scholar of Reasons To Believe - an organization dedicated to communicating the powerful case for God's existence and the Bible's reliability - to both Christians and non-Christians.
I started this podcast because I think the Christian church here in America has not done the greatest jobs in preparing its members to meet the challenges that we're facing today.
The battle lines have been drawn over abortion - but churches continue to give mixed messages to their members. I continue my discussion with Cathie Humbarger of Reprotection.org. We talk about the various laws that will go into effect if Roe v Wade is overturned by the Supreme Court. We also talk about the lack of support churches have given women who have had an abortion, and the practical measures we can do to change that.
Can we stop the out-of-control abortion in this country simply by insisting that abortion clinics follow the law? Today I start a conversation with Cathie Humbarger from Reprotection.org. She talks about how her organization has successfully limited - or even shut down - abortion providers - simply by insisting that they follow the same rules as everyone else.
As the Russian invasion of Ukraine enters its second month, we must understand that this is a spiritual battle as well as a physical one. Today I talk with Alan Eason - Independent Digital Marketing Consultant and Journalist and owner of AE Communications in Oak Ridge, TN. Alan has been in various forms of ministry for over 30 years - including doing missionary work in both Russia and Ukraine. He brings an interesting perspective to this invasasion - reminding us that this is not just a battle of land - but over the soul.
What do millenials look for in a church? The answer might just surprise you. I conclude my conversation with Andrew Grissom and William Merriman - Millenial pastors from Memphis Tennessee - hosts of The Wandering Years podcast. We talk about what millenials are really searching for in church. It is far simpler than we think.
Both culture and the church continue to misunderstand millennials - and we are denying them the kingdom of God in the process. Today I talk with Andrew Grissom and William Merriman from Memphis Tennessee - hosts of The Wandering Years podcast. They are millenials who minister to millenials. Their generation - they say - has a hunger for righteousness. Unfortunately - they have not found that in the church.
Local mission in the church - and how seminaries are failing our pastors. I continue my discussion with Alex Zenk, Pastor of Stratford Evangelical Lutheran Church in Stratford, Iowa and host of the Undying Light Podcast. We talk about how local mission efforts in the church benefit both the church and local community, and why pastors are not trained to teach worldview within their local congregations.
- The Pastor's Voice into Fall of 2022 2022-08-24 18:15:01
- Abortion, Laws and the Silence of the Church 2022-05-10 12:58:50
- Holding Abortion Clinics To The Law 2022-04-27 15:41:00
- A Spiritual Battle in Ukraine 2022-04-05 14:20:47
- What Millennials Want 2022-03-16 13:46:46
- A Generation Hungering For Righteousness 2022-03-09 17:21:14
- Local Missions and the Failure of Seminaries to Teach Worldview 2022-03-02 15:08:59
- Denominations, Creeds, and Worldview 2022-02-23 14:12:32
- Church Growth, Adoption, Abortion - and Worldview 2022-02-15 12:10:11
- Rediscovering Our First Love 2022-02-11 10:57:07
- The Power of an UnAdulterated Heart 2022-02-02 12:21:06
- Social Justice and Knowing God 2022-01-30 18:38:55
- Starting a Homeless Ministry - In The Middle of COVID! 2022-01-25 16:21:11
- Overcoming the Noise 2022-01-21 13:01:43
- Gender Identity and Christian Worldview 2022-01-21 09:07:17
- Bite-Sized Devotionals And Christian Worldview 2022-01-19 12:18:25
- The Chief End of Humanity and Christian Worldview 2022-01-19 11:31:02
- 2022 - The Year Ahead for the Pastor's Voice 2022-01-19 10:22:46
- Bringing Christ to Work 2021-12-28 14:16:46
- How Can Churches Encourage Scripture Reading? 2021-12-21 15:47:49
- Podcast: Just One Chapter A Day 2021-12-14 11:58:23
- Podcast: Taming the Wolves in Christian Marriages with Gretchen Baskerville 2021-12-07 15:39:38
- Abusive Relationships and the Culture War on Marriage 2021-11-30 12:25:10
- The Church and the Life Saving Divorce 2021-11-23 16:14:40
- Home Schooling, Parental Responsibility, and the American Dream 2021-11-15 16:09:27
- Pancakes and Church Community 2021-11-09 13:00:41
- Boating and Obedience: Life Lessons from Leaving the Safe Harbor 2021-11-05 12:34:38
- Parents, Schools, Suffering and Biblical Worldview 2021-10-27 17:02:28
- Worldview Training - Where Is The Church? 2021-10-21 16:22:33
- The Hunger for Truth 2021-10-13 21:36:27
- Strategies for Grandparents 2021-10-06 14:15:05
- Connecting Grandparents with their Grandchildren 2021-09-29 10:46:56
- The Need for Prophetic Pastors 2021-09-28 15:09:16
- Christianity, Journalism, and the Worldview of Truth 2021-09-28 10:53:08